The Serre Chevalier ski resort offers 250 km of pisted slopes, 45km of cross country skiing tracks, 25km of snowshoeing tracks and endless off piste in the larch forest!
- 250 km of pisted runs (from beginners’ greens to experts’ blacks). One of the largest connected ski areas in Europe
- Hardly any lift queues (VERY different to other large resorts!)
- Enormous ungroomed areas for powder skiing, plus the famous larch forests (which are skiable also when visibility is bad)
- Free day pass to Montgenevre, Deux Alpes and more (if you purchase the 6-day pass for Grand Serre Che)
- Fun park green to expert, beginners’ areas, boarder cross and Melezone
- La Grave, the mountaineering-Mecca of the South Alps is only 30 minutes away.
For more information (piste maps, ski pass info, ski schools etc..) visit www.serre-chevalier.com
Other activities available in the winter : cinema, ice skating, casino, ski-dooing, parapenting, horse carriage rides, go-karting on ice, ski joring, hot baths, kite surfing, visiting the fortified town of Briançon, etc.
If you wish to ski in a different resort for a day you have a choice : ski from France to Italy (Montgenèvre-Clavière), or why not try the famous off-piste resort La Grave with a 30 minute ride in the cable-car taking you to 3200m, where you can create your own itinerary for the descent.
Serre Chevalier is also a summer resort with its diverse and numerous activities such as mountaineering, hiking, mountain biking, cycling, white water sports, swimming, horse riding, climbing, heritage visits…
Serre Chevalier lies within the Guisane valley and offers picturesque villages and hamlets, larch forests, mountain chalets, mountain streams, fauna and flora, pastures, lakes and mythical passes (Galibier, Lautaret, Granon…).
Briançon, the highest town in Europe, lies at the bottom of the Guisane valley and at the crossroads of five valleys. This town is wedged between the Ecrins national park with the village of Ailefroide (mecca of high mountain athletes) and the Queyras National Park home to one of the most beautiful villages in France, St Veran, for those who love heritage.
Other activities : via ferrata, fishing, golf, museums…
Click on this link to the Tourist Information Office page with the latest transport info.